Overseas investors

Overseas Investors

New Zealand has a number of rules around overseas persons owning rural and lifestyle property. If you are not a NZ citizen you may require approval by the Overseas Investment Office.

For the rules around this refer to the NZ Overseas Investment Office . If you are based overseas and not a NZ citizen we recommend you seek legal advice on ownership prior to searching for a NZ farm or lifestyle property.

But don’t be put off, many overseas persons have successfully purchased and invested in Rural and Lifestyle real estate.

A common way to enter the market is as a part-owner of a going concern farming operation – an Equity Partnership is the vehicle many have used for this purpose. Other forms of ownership and management structure can also be thought about.

If you wish to be kept informed of investments such as Equity Partnerships where you may participate, send us an email using the form on the sidebar of this page.